Triangle Family Eye Care Morrisville
Triangle Family Eye Care‘s Doctor Hiten Prajapati takes pride in helping the local and international community. He is passionate about everyone getting an annual comprehensive eye exam. By educating his patients and with the use of in-house technology he truly feels every patient gets the complete and thorough eye care they deserve at Triangle Family Eye Care.
Our eye care specialists are proud to share the latest techniques and products in eye care and eyewear as we personalize your experience. We are the local Optometrist near you with unsurpassed customer service in Morrisville, North Carolina. Cary, North Carolina patients join our practice as well.
Our goal is simple . . . to help you see better, feel better and live well. We stock various Contact lenses brands and types, including Alcon Dailies Total1 Contact Lenses, and we offer Pediatric Eye exams, Emergency Eye Treatment as well as the Management of Ocular Diseases. You can always trust the care and products we provide as we strive to exceed your expectations.
Triangle Family Eye Care accepts a number of Insurance plans to help cover the cost depending on your individual needs. Visit us at our vision center today! Call 919-372-3555 or schedule an appointment online.
Dry Eye in Morrisville, North Carolina
Suffering from dry eye disease not only diminishes your quality of life but also impacts your enjoyment of daily activities such as reading, sports, watching TV or driving. The most common factors that contribute to dry eye syndrome include allergies, tear quality, age, hormonal changes in women, genetics, environment, lifestyle, medications and the overall health of your eyes.
To understand the cause of your dry eyes contact us for a full assessment and a treatment plan that’s right for you.
Dry Eyes Services At Triangle Family Eye Care
We offer the latest diagnostic technology for the treatment of Dry Eye.
Triangle Family Eye Care uses the latest diagnostic equipment and emerging, FDA-approved technology to quickly and accurately pinpoint and treat the root cause of your dry eye problem. We don’t just throw any old drops at you either.
We provide custom treatment plans designed to maximize the relief of your dry eye symptoms AND treat the underlying cause of your discomfort.
Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL) is an effective and painless treatment that targets the root cause of some forms of dry eye by delivering pulses of light to the area surrounding the eyes.
Dry Eyes Syndrome: Solutions For A Complex Problem
ven without knowing the term “dry eye” or “Dry Eye Syndrome“, if you suffer from it, then you are all too familiar with the soreness, discomfort, and even the constant misery that can come with dry eyes.
We use the most advanced diagnostic equipment and tools to quickly and accurately pinpoint the cause and type of dry eye problem you’re suffering from. We don’t just throw any old drops at you either. We provide custom, tailored treatment plans designed to maximize the relief of your dry eye symptoms AND treat the underlying cause of your discomfort.
Our dry eye doctor may conduct an in-depth assessment of indicators for other diseases and health problems which might be contributing factors to your dry eyes. Then we develop a personalized treatment plan based on what we find.
On every patient questionnaire, we ask if you are suffering from any of the typical symptoms of dry eyes. Do your eyes feel gritty? Sore? Do you feel like something is in your eye or that you just don't seem to have any tears? If you report symptoms of dry eye, or appear to exhibit those symptoms, then we recommend beginning the dry eye exam process, which is quick, easy, and painless.
There are many ways to treat Dry Eye Syndrome. The first recommendation is to prevent dry eye symptoms before they start, and to address lifestyle factors that may be making it worse.
Blink a lot and drink a lot. Avoid eye irritants, use lubricating eye drops if you are taking medication that puts you at risk for dry eye. Over the counter eye drops for dry eye are widely available. Maintain a healthy lifestyle with a focus on vitamins like Omega 3.
- Screen Time: Follow the 202020 rule for screen use. Every 20 minutes take a 20 second break to look at something 20 feet away.
- Air: Limit your eyes exposure to lots of wind or forced air from fans, open car windows, and heaters. If you are outside consider wrap around sunglasses.
- Dryness: Heaters keep you warm but they also cause the air to lose moisture, consider using a humidifier to increase the humidity in rooms that you spend a lot of time in.
- Contact Lenses: Not every contact lens is dry eye friendly, ask our Optometrist about contact lenses designed to reduce discomfort and retain moisture.
- Anti Reflective: Minimizes glare allowing people to see your eyes! Recommended for PC and high index lenses which tend to be overly reflective.
- Scratch Resistant: Perfect for kids or the adult who isn't careful, this coating provides an extra layer of protection from scratches.
- Anti Fog: Helpful during the colder months, recommended for first law enforcement and first responders where fog can put them in danger.
- UV Treatment: Morrisville has a higher than average UV index, UV light is non visible light that causes damage to your eye.
- Spherical: These are the standard contact lenses that are used for near and far-sighted, available as daily disposable all the way to yearly and everything in between.
- Bifocal: These contacts have multiple zones near and far vision. They are a perfect solution for people who dread the idea of wearing reading glasses.
- Ortho-k: An amazing contact that reshapes your eyes at night so you have perfect vision glasses and contact free during the day.
- Toric: For people with Astigmatism, because every Astigmatic eye is different Toric contacts are uniquely designed to your eye, require specialty fitting by an expert Optometrist.
From our office in Morrisville, North Carolina, Triangle Family Eye Care serves patients from Cary, NC and the great State of North Carolina – schedule an appointment today.
If you have a moment, please give us your feedback about our site and your experiences with our Practice.
See better, feel better, live well.
MULTIFOCAL CONTACT LENSES FOR PRESBYOPIA
You are not alone, virtually everyone even if they had perfect vision in the past will experience a weakening of their vision as they enter their mid 40's. This condition is called Presbyopia. Previously the method to overcome this symptom was by using reading glasses, luckily contact lenses offer a better solution (and looks great too!).
Q&A with Your OPTOMETRIST
Q: Why do my eyes water all the time? What can I do to make it stop?
A: Although it seems counterintuitive, watering is a sign of dry eye disease. When the eyes are dry, a signal is sent to the brain to trigger tearing. To stop the eyes from tearing we need to treat the dryness. There are many lifestyle factors that contribute to dry eye disease. For example, while watching television, using a computer, or reading we become so fixated that we do not blink as often as we should. Another example is spending time near a fan or in front of an air vent; this too can cause our tear film to dry up quickly. While there are several more reasons for dry eye disease to occur, the good news is that it can be treated. There are several drops, medications, and home remedies that can be used, and your optometrist can determine the treatment plan that is right for your type of dry eye disease.
Q: At what age should I bring my child in for her first eye exam? And how much does it cost?
A: The Canadian Association of Optometrists recommends that the first eye exam be done at the age of 6 months, then next around the age of 3, and then yearly thereafter. Your Optometrist may recommend more frequent eye exams if he or she has something they want to monitor more closely. As for the cost; luckily, in many Provinces in Canada, children’s eye exams are covered by the provincial health care provider until the child’s 19th birthday. It’s not just “once per year” either; a child can come in as often as necessary and the province will cover it.
If you experience loss of vision, double vision, swelling, infection or any eye emergency, contact us immediately for guidance. We’ll help you with the best treatment to prevent complications and promote long-lasting clear eyesight.
Please call our Morrisville office at: 919-459-5995 for further instructions. If urgent, find the nearest emergency room.
What's New + Special Dates
Visit Our Eye Care Clinic
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
In our friendly clinic, we become familiar with each individual patient in order to customize eye exams and treatment options. Our family eye care services include eye exams for kids and adults, vision therapy, vision correction and management of age-related eye disease. Located conveniently to serve Morrisville residents, we offer hours to suit every family’s schedule.
We are dedicated to providing you with the best eye care and optical experience. Our eye doctors and staff are committed to improving your vision and your life through our care and services. We look forward to seeing you.